song I wrote two years ago when I was living in Hong Kong - I saw the movie Death Defying Acts and really liked it so I wrote about it. :3
to see up the mountain what comes down with the rain
all the coins in the fountain that alleviate all the pain
“no phantoms escape us”, no ghosts in the blood I’ve bled
was my name the last thing that she said?
my right hand man, did he tell you all my secrets
so I could live on, my phantoms all resolved?
or did he betray me when his back was against the wall?
I can keep this winter at bay
cause I never feared the cold
as much as I was afraid
of leaving you on your own
Defying death isn’t all it took
some sleight of hand, hidden keys
I’m a paper tiger and you’re the crook
that will catch this thief
my right hand man, did he ask you for your secrets
to see a future that he could not prevent?
or did he betray me never asking what it meant?
click here for more of my folk music
like on fb // download // ask questions
- tothetaiga reblogged this from eo-music
- whereismymind79 likes this
- p-eitho likes this
- forget-me-not-blues likes this
- thetransposingdoor likes this
- beinginmotion reblogged this from eo-music and added:
- followthoseoldyellowbricks reblogged this from eo-music
- cameliabarbut likes this
- unfortunatelynotbritish likes this
- eo-music posted this